Monday, June 21, 2010

...and some follow up from my comments


From: jfraser@skylinc.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 20:47:48 +0000
To:
ReplyTo: jfraser@skylinc.net
Subject: Re: General Comment

Thank you for your email. It was written very thoughtfully and we appreciate that. We have discussed these issues with OAT today as well. Its is also illegal to ride beside a rider and we also asked them to try to make riders aware of this as well. I will forward your email on to the OAT representatives as they will use it to teach future officials. As the race directors of the event its always good to hear from the athletes as we are never "out" on the course on race day. Thanks for bringing it to our attention and hope to see you out again!
Janet Fraser
Trisport Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

From: "Mark Steckel"
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 18:55:07 +0000
To: Mitch Fraser; Janet Fraser
ReplyTo: doc@spinalhealth.net
Subject: Fw: General Comment

Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

From: "Brian Boake"
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 23:11:09 -0400
To:
Subject: General Comment

Hello,
 
Raced my my first Subaru race today and it was very well organized.
 
Only one criticism...because it waws emaphasized that drafting will be penalized over the loudspeaker quite a few times it seems some riders were very apprhensive of reciveing this. This however caused another effect...riders riding four across the lane making it impossible and sometimes dangerous to make it by.
 
I was a victim of this (I can only guess as I was never told when) as I apparently crossed the centre line at some point. Only time I came close was on a downhill and swerve to avoid someone in a speed wobble. I would not know for sure as there are no centre of road markings.
 
Anyways C'est la vie. I am not a guy that is out for age cat wins anyways. I still had fun, I still had a result (not official but a result) and I think your races are very well run.
 
Cheers,
 
Brian Boake

1 comment:

Tom Adrien said...

hmmm, riding 4 abreast, wouldn't this violate the complete a pass in 15 seconds rule? or the blocking rule?