Thursday, May 20, 2010

Should I "Race" or Not??

In two days there is an early bird tri put on by Somersault Events in Ottawa and I am considering doing it.

I have only been home two days from overseas, haven't races a tri since my back injury and subsequent surgeries (about 3 years now) and I haven't swam in over a year. Yet somehow I am still considering it.

I know it will kick my ass but I also know I will feel much better going forward. I wasn't planning on racing til at least mid June but here I am. It is a 500m swim - 30.5km bike and 5km run - so not a long event in tri-vernacular. My run is ok and I should be 25min or less but my bike has been 99% on a spin bike over the last long time - due to being in Afghanistan. I went for a ride yesterday though and felt great!

So I am leaning toward doing the race...just looking for any reason not too...the butterflies are here.


UPDATE:

So much for that idea...it is full...oh well back on plan.

Thinking about maybe driving down to Lake Placid and riding the course...maybe.

2 comments:

KovasP said...

Bummer about the race being full, I guess that decision was made for you. That being said, signing up for a race would probably motivate you to get your training on track. It also could give you a snapshot of your tri fitness level.

Brian said...

I think I am going doing the Ottawa Riverkeeper on June 12...just trying to decide between sprint and oly