Sunday, April 11, 2010

Still Trying to Train With No Water, No Real Bike and a Treadmill....

Here I am still in Afghanistan with about one and half months to go. My running once again took a step back with a little patellfemoral tendonitis issues followed after recovery by a calf heart attack...I just cannot win, but I shall persevere.

An example of a workout for me over here is a decent spin bike workout on my own for about an hour. I usually do a warm up and follow with some tempo or intervals. Sometimes I will jack up the resistence so much I have to put all of my weight on the pedals just to move. it is a good sweat though. I follow the ride with some dynamic stretching and then it is off to the treadmill for a 5min walk at about 7km/hr and an incline at level 10. I then take off the incline to 1-1.5 and increase the speed to 10.5km/hr. It is a nice light pace to prevent further injury and setbacks. After a 30min run I streatch some more and head to the dumbells. Today was a shoulder day (hopefully keeping my swimming muscles working). Do lateral dumbell raises, front raises and another dumbell exercise that focuses on the stabilizers in the shoulder...don't know the name of it though. I go on to do shoulder presses and straight arm cable presses. It is a tough workout and the shoulders hurt (in that good way) for a day or so. I generally will work legs, back, bi/tri and chest on a day with at least an hour of cardio.

In all I am not displeased with my progress as I have almost fallen below the 200lb mark for the first time in a long time. Even when I did my last half iron I was still around 200 so this is good.

So I am certain to write that I will be posting more often, but we all know that is a probable lie.

Oh yeah. I am now in the process of trying to pick out two ro three races for the year. At the least an Olympic and a sprint, but I am hoping to get to the point where I can do a sprint, oly and a half. I was looking at the REV 3 half at Cedar Point and it looks pretty cool. I also plan on doing about three OWS races starting with the 'Bring on the Bay' 3k OWS to support Easter Seals. I will see how I feel and maybe do the two Meech Lake OWS put on by Technosport. Who knows how it goes.

Til next time.

1 comment:

cdnhollywood said...

Just saw your request on TriRudy for a cheap summer masters. I swim with the Stittsville masters and their summer program is opening up soon. It's $90 for 2 nights/wk through July and August.

If you want more details, just let me know.